In this blog series, Sleep8 is branching out from sleep related topics to bring you fun activities that can be completed in about 60 minutes, the same duration as your Sleep8 cleaning cycle. These could be anything from recipes, crafts, DIY projects, skills to master, workouts, or more. Keep your eyes peeled to the Sleep8 blog to find your new favorite pastime.
Fall has many great traditions, holidays, and meal choices. During this time of year we move over from the lighter fare of the summer to more filling, heavier dishes. With Thanksgiving behind us, we have filled our bellies with delicious food, and our fridges full of leftovers. While I’ve seen many extreme choices in Thanksgiving leftover eatery, there are quite a few that are particularly delicious. From rings to eggrolls, to...stuffing waffles? The possibilities are endless. For an option that is both timeless and delicious, I give you Thanksgiving in a Blanket.
Similar to our old friend pigs in a blanket, this recipe pairs flakey buttery crescent rolls with the Thanksgiving leftovers taking up all that space in your fridge. Here’s what you need:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Dressing (or stuffing)
- Cranberry Sauce
- Shredded Cheese
- Crescent Rolls
- Gravy for dipping
Some people like to add in other assorted leftovers, such as green bean casserole or homemade pimento cheese instead of shredded cheddar. Do whatever makes you happy in your heart, but that is a family tradition I do not wish to carry on.
- Preheat oven to 375, separate the dough into triangles and lay out on a large cookie sheet.
- Place parchment paper on baking surface. This will do wonders for sticking and also offer easy clean up.
- Place a small amount of each leftover item on top of each other layered carefully on top of each triangle.
- After all leftovers are accounted for, roll or fold each triangle up to its opposite angle. Lightly brush on melted butter if desired.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until each triangle is golden brown.
- Serve with warm gravy on the side if desired.
For those of you who are a little more adventurous (or simply have a whole lot of leftovers) a few other creations for you to explore:
Click here to get started with Sleep8
Already have a Sleep8? Click here to subscribe and save so that you always have fresh supplies for Sleep8!
Leave a comment