In this blog series, Sleep8 is branching out from sleep related topics to bring you fun activities that can be completed in about 60 minutes, the same duration as your Sleep8 cleaning cycle. These could be anything from recipes, crafts, DIY projects, skills to master, workouts, or more. Keep your eyes peeled to the Sleep8 blog to find your new favorite pastime.
Dinner. It’s a time for nourishment, family bonding, and taking the time to reflect back upon our day. It’s a time for enjoying a meal in your favorite place. A time for...nacho tables? One of the latest foodie trends emerging, nacho tables have suddenly appeared all over our news feeds. While my family does a great taco Tuesday, seeing this left me feeling a little robbed and in need of a new Mexican food conquest. Join me in my latest one hour recipe and adventure, the nacho table.
What you will need
- Table (any size will work; keep in mind the amount of people you are feeding.)
- A plastic tablecloth or aluminum foil.
- Chips: Go with the classic corn tortilla chips or spice things up with Doritos if that’s your style
- Base: this can be ground beef prepared with taco seasoning, ground turkey, fajita chicken, chili; whatever your favorite nacho topping may be.
- Cheese: shredded colby/monterrey jack blend, queso, white queso.
- Lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, diced or try whipping up some fresh Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Salsa, my favorite is pineapple - check out this recipe here
- Securely cover table with plastic tablecloth or aluminum foil. Pro tip: Aluminum foil may be a little trickier to get down but will allow for a flawless cleanup!
- Spread chips across table
- Spread cheese topping on chips.
- Place meat or chili topping next. Follow with whichever order of desired ingredients you’d like, or place those ingredients in various clusters around the work of nacho art. You can also use bowls for this step if you see fit.
- Plates are optional. Friends and family are needed.
Written by: Mindi Flippen